Saturday, May 12, 2012

Building the Book Stacks #1

So, I haven't been online recently due to finals at school and stuff, but that should change when summer rolls around. :) As most of you know, there has been some drama surrounding the Story Siren, but I won't go into that. I am not going to get involved and take a side, and I am still unsure whether or not I want to participate in IMM anymore. Because of that, for the time being at least, I will continue to post IMMs on Saturdays/Sundays, but under a different name.



Bought:
Seventeenth Summer by Maureen Daly
Unearthly by Cynthia Hand
Narrative of the Life of Frederick Douglass, an American Slave by Frederick Douglass

The last book is obviously for my summer reading assignment. :) Has anyone ever read it before? Do you guys know if it's a hard read? I was looking forward to actually enjoying my work-free break, but it turns out the teachers assigned a lot of work. Even better is that I'm going to be super busy with my job. \:

Negativity aside, I have to say that I'm really excited that I'm finally going to start Unearthly; I've heard so many good things about it. Plus, the cover is just so gorgeous and shiny!

If you've made a post about what books you've gotten this week, then feel free to link to it in the comments section. :) I'll be sure to check out all the posts in return!

8 comments:

  1. Okay I feel totally out of the loop, what's going on with IMM? I've noticed that people aren't really doing them as much. Why is that?

    Shae @ Understanding Shae's Story

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, you know that book blog tips section she has on her blog? Apparently she had plagiarised a lot of that content from another book blog, and that blog's owner only recently found out about it. So now a lot of people are boycotting her blog and refusing to participate in IMM. \:

      Delete
  2. I loved Unearthly. I have not heard of Seventeenth Summer, but it sounds good. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you should read Unearthly right now! Bossy much? LOL.
    Enjoy your books!

    Thanks for stopping by my book haul

    Janus @ The Blair Book Project

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh I LOVED Unearthly! Super good book! Hope you love it too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Unearthly, that is one that I have yet to get around to. I look forward to hearing what you think of it though. Seventeenth summer also sounds interesting. I hope you enjoy your reading assignment. I specifically have never read that one but I heard from a friend that it wasn't too terrible.

    Thanks for following my blog by the way. I am now a new follower of your blog. Although I am curious as to what you mean by saying their is drama going on with IMM. I have never heard of this before. :) Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And I hope I can get started on Unearthly soon. :)

      Well, it happened a couple of weeks ago I think. The owner of the Story Siren, the blog that hosts IMM, apparently plagarised some of her content from another blog. So a lot of people don't want to participate in IMM anymore as a form of boycotting.

      Delete
  6. Everyone is reading Unearthly except for me "/ I removed it from my cart on TBD actually because it was so full... Maybe I should just place another order... lol.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. :) I really appreciate it, and I do try to visit back in return!